Monday, June 15, 2009

Name Card

Well, I was required to bring 2 name cards to CGO 2009 and I didn't have any. So...I just couldn't help myself but to create some name cards :) My hands were itching to work on some handicraft, did some sketches, rough layout, minimalism designs, and a template for de~bossing the cards.

Materials and stuff;
  • A4 300gsm Beige Card x4
  • 4"sq Yellow Memo Paper x4
  • A dozen photostats
  • 5" x 12" mounting board
  • 1 flat head screwdriver
  • 1 flat head chromed screw
  • 1 hammer
  • Blade
  • Metal ruler
  • UHU glue
  • Cellophane tape

Direction was;

Type Writer + Animation Elements = Beige Paper + Courier + (Peg holes + Time Chart)



Wanted to have a minimalism design which played a bit with the typography and layout. After reading about Business card designs and comments, the conclusion was ; "it looks awesome but I'm going to throw it away at the end of the day". So minimalism was just the choice to go. Besides my liking for minimalism, I didn't have time to do anything more to it than I already have ..... and budget costs :)

1 dozen worth of photostats + no carbon = Fail


....... Was planning to ink transfer photostatted mirrored copies with lighter fluid to create that type writer texture, unfortunately the photostat machines didn't transfer enough carbon in the first place, even at the darkest settings the transfer was vague. So did the next best thing, photostat it directly onto the 300 gsm Paper which almost jammed in the machine.





Anywhoo, got it done and now back to animation studies....

3 comments:

  1. LOL I had a similar idea for my name card last time but not as minimal and cool as yours. xD Yours is awesome. I wanna animate on them. I can't believe you actually wrote the timing on all of it too. I'm also printing my name card lately preparing to go Siggraph.. Not as cool as yours though :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon, yah it was great releasing stress through the hammer haha.

    Hammy, I think I got this idea from your old name card... the one with the circle plate on wooden table.

    Well... at the end of the day, the cool factor is just secondary, whats important is the Contact details. The design factors was just for subliminal purposes.

    ReplyDelete